Returning Home!

Monday, February 2, 2015

[No Subject]

First off, the Terry family is in my prayers. It just breaks my heart to hear that. My companion and I will pray for them. :( You are in my thoughts and prayers Terrys!!!! Love from Kentucky!

We had quite a fantastic week this week. On Tuesday we went to the temple. It's amazing the power you get from going to the temple regularly. I hate that we don't get to go often as missionaries, but I cherish the few times I've been able to go. Just when I feel like I'm floundering, we get to go to the temple and receive that added strength and drive. It's amazing. The Spirit you feel in the temple is so strong. It's incomparable! I'm so grateful for the temple and the things we learn there about the Plan of Salvation. What comfort it brings to know we have a Savior who has made it possible for us to repent and return to our Heavenly Father. What sweet peace that brings.

This last week we went to Evansville and...OWENSBORO!!!! And I saw the Capeners!!!!!!!!! It was like coming home. :) I just love them soooo much! It was a surprise for the girls, so they got all excited when they saw me. Then Sister C made Café Rio for dinner. Mmm mmm! <3

My Owensboro exchange was eventful and wonderful. I got to drive a new 2014 Toyota Corolla....I think my life has changed. haha. Anyway, I got to go with Hermana Bennett, my last companion. It was so good to work with her again. She is passing through some difficult trials right now that I don't need to include in here, but we were able to talk about things and feel the Spirit. She's amazing, and it breaks my heart to watch her go through what she's going through. I hope I helped in some way. That's what I love about being an STL: I get to work with so many amazing hermanas with different stories, situations, struggles and strengths. And I get to help them in whatever way I can. I can see now how the Lord has prepared me throughout my mission with certain experiences to help me be able to help others. What a blessing!

It brings comfort to my soul to know 1. that God has a plan, and 2. God is aware of each and every one of us. He knows our situations. He knows our hearts, our struggles, our pains and worries. Since He knows those things, He provided us with a Savior:

"And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled whichsaith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. And he will take upon him deaththat he may loose the bandsof death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to theflesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities."

He did what He did so He could know how to help us when we struggle, when we have heartbreak, when we worry and cry. I am seeing just an inkling of that love and mercy and gratitude as I serve as an STL. I will happily experience what God would have me experience if it means I can help others. I just pray I can handle it gracefully and faithfully.

I love you all. Keep on truckin' and stay positive. The Lord is on your side!
Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment