Returning Home!

Monday, February 9, 2015

[No Subject]

There are some weeks on the mission that just plain exhaust you. Like this week! But it was lovely!

Hermana Graham and I went to Churchill Downs on Monday after emailing. It was marvelous! I love it! We need to come back and see it after my mission and actually go to the Derby! We also learned lots of fun-facts about horses, the Kentucky Derby, and jockeys. Oh, and we learned how to throw our very own derby party. It's gonna happen!

Monday night we had our STL sleepover in the mission home. Tuesday we had our MLC all day, and then on Wednesday we had our Zone Conference. Then right after Zone Conference we went on an exchange, and then Friday was weekly planning, and Saturday we had another exchange. Then last night we drove to Louisville for a Spanish mission home fireside. I'm exhausted! But it was so fun! I love the mission!

And guess what!!!! D. TODD CHRISTOFFERSON is coming to speak to us on Saturday for 2 hours!!!!! I am SO stoked!!! I will give you more details next week! Maybe I can get a selfie with him.....doubt it, but eh, here's to trying!

I work with some pretty amazing individuals out here. I'm grateful to be an STL because I get to learn from some awesome people and serve them. I got to go on an exchange with my old companion Hermana Wilkinson. I'm so grateful that exchange happened because I learned a whole lot from her. She's amazing. The mission is sweet!

Last night we had our Spanish fireside in Louisville, and I got to see tons of the members from Corydon. Made my heart happy. We have so many amazing members in this mission, especially Hispanics. It was so cool to see them taking notes, writing down their testimonies, asking us if they could go up and share their stories/testimonies, etc. They are some pretty elect and wonderful people. I love this all so much. It made it hard to imagine having to leave it. Luckily I still have two more "charlas" (firesides) to go to before I'm out.

Life is sweet. Missionary work is sweet. Keep on keepin' on yall. Love ya!

Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment