Returning Home!

Monday, March 2, 2015

[No Subject]



The Big News
Well, here's the transfer news! My greenie, Hermana Gamett, is training!! I'm going to be a grandma!! She's going to do so well! :) We also have 3 other hermanas training. President Brough is also closing the Shelbyville Spanish Elders' area, so it's combining with ours.... That's going to be huge. Our area just got a whoooole lot bigger. Well, at least we'll have plenty of work to do my final transfer. One zone got dissolved, and lots of areas are getting rearranged...should be an interesting transfer meeting tomorrow! Plus we're losing 26 missionaries and getting 10 new ones. AH!

Also....we're getting a new car tomorrow. I hope it's a new Corolla. Those things are niiiice.

I think that's about it for big news!

The Funny Stuff
We saw a duck get hit by a car on Friday. It just planted itself in the middle of the lane, and all of the sudden we see this big hunk of duck go rolling down the street, feathers everywhere. Ugh, it was horrible. We saw it just relaxing in its final moments.... It was a good, solid duck too!

The Spiritual Stuff
Ok, now for some miracles. Last Saturday (the 21st) I had stepped into a huge slushy pile of cold water and snow, so Hermana Graham and I decided to go buy some Little Caesar's instead of cooking because we were so frozen. As we were walking out with our pizza, a middle-aged man with two teenage girls stopped and he said, "Look, it's the sisters!" We were confused because we'd never seen him before, so we stopped and talked to him. Turns out he's a less-active from Minnesota and has lived in Shelbyville for a while, but he's never come to Church. Last night we stopped by to see him and his family, and he told us that about how he converted, how he used to be the YM's president for a while, and why he fell away. Then he told us, "That day I met you at Little Caesar's, I had told myself just 3 hours before, 'If I ever run into the elders or the sisters again, I know it's time to come back to the Church.' " And sure enough, that's when we ran into him! Isn't that a miracle?! And to make things better, he has two daughters who want to get baptized!! What a miracle!

Nancy is doing fantastic too. She came to church on Sunday for the second time and just loved it. Axel also came too. We had quite a few Spanish members there! They reorganized the Bishopric yesterday, and it was also fast and testimony meeting. It was probably the most spiritual sacrament meeting I've ever been in. I learned so much from the testimonies that were shared and from observing the young families and wonderful members we have here in Shelbyville. My heart was full.

My dear Hermana Graham is leaving me tomorrow. It hasn't been hitting her, but it finally did when we woke up at 6 am to do our deep cleaning this morning. I just listened to her and hugged her as she cried. I'm going to miss her so much. Of all the companions I've had, she's affected my life and my future the most. I don't know how I'm going to do 6 more weeks without her! She's inspired me beyond my mission. My life goals and aspirations are hire because of the things we learned together. She's one of the closest friends I've ever had.

Well. I'm going into my final transfer. It's been weird being with Hermana Graham and just being a transfer behind her. She's been so focused on the work, that it hardly seems real. I've been watching what's going to happen to me. Honestly, it scares me. It hit me on Sunday, March 1st, that I'm finishing. This next transfer is going to be extremely busy with combining areas, MLC, 10 exchanges, General Conference, and 2 baptisms...but it's inevitable. It ends! I can't focus on it. I'm going to finish strong and focus on the here-and-now. I'm going to give God whatever it is I have left to give and leave the mission a bit stronger than it was before.

It's happening! Here we go GKLM! Stay strong, work hard, fight hard, love hard y'all!

Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment