Returning Home!

Monday, March 23, 2015

Lifetime of Learning

It never ceases to amaze me how much I am learning each week. So many things have happened this past week...where do I even begin!

We went out of town for two days on a couple of blitzes in Evansville and Owensboro. Because of some things that happened there, I learned 3 very important lessons:

1. I finally learned the meaning of charity. I'm not perfect at applying it yet, but I had an epiphany of sorts this week. We need to havecompassion on each other. Having charity means having compassion. This means giving each other the benefit of the doubt and not focusing on each others' weaknesses and bad qualities. Focus on others' strengths! We wouldn't want others to focus on our bad qualities! And just be nice!

2. EXACT obedience is key! It's not enough to be kind of obedient or to kind of follow the rules. Follow them with exactness; don't look for loopholes; and be responsible! You will earn God's respect as you show Him you are worthy of it. In everything you do, think of Christ. You can't stand before Him confidently and say you truly love Him if you aren't even willing to obey His commandments with exactness. Show you deserve His trust and revelation by your acts of obedience. EXACT OBEDIENCE BRINGS TRUE HAPPINESS! And you can never be too obedient!

3. This kind of goes along with the last one. It's a quote from Preach My Gospel that I wrote down on the final day of my planner: "The attitude you have toward your mission experience is reflection of your love toward your Heavenly Father and His Son and yourrespect for the priesthood." I love my mission. I haven't served perfectly, but I have tried. I am trying my hardest to show God that I truly love Him and am truly thankful for my mission experience. I love my Heavenly Father. I love my Savior. I'm not perfect at showing it, but I'm trying to.

Although this week was kind of rough, I know that the experiences I had helped me have those little revelations. Like I said, I'm amazed at how much I'm still learning!

I've been sick most of the week, and last night I finally got a blessing. But I woke up today feeling a lot worse. It started off as allergies last weekend, but this weekend it turned into a phlegmy cough. My whole body hurts, and I feel absolutely drained. It's a little frustrating because I really wanted to work hard this final transfer. I was working the hardest I ever had the first two weeks, but this last week really slowed me down. I want to work! I want to find! But I was reminded in my blessing that I need to rest too. Meh. Ok.

Last thing: Nancy is AMAZING! She is our little miracle! She has come to church every Sunday since we met her, has been reading in the Book of Mormon every day and praying, and this last week she informed us that she quit watching CMT on Sundays and started watching BYUTV instead! haha. She also said she drove to Crestwood the other day and tried to look for the temple but didn't quite get there. She is such a gem! This week we're watching the Women's Conference with her and having her over to a member's home to teach her a lesson. She is teaching ME so much!!!!

I love life. I love my mission. Hope it never ends.

Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment