Returning Home!

Monday, March 30, 2015

Patience

Well. This week I found out Heavenly Father definitely has a sense of humor! Just when I was thinking to myself, "Wow, Hermana Porter, you have actually become a more patient person! Good job!"  .........

- My curling iron broke halfway through curling my hair yesterday, about an hour before church...the little metal coil under the handle broke, so now there's no spring to keep it closed! And my comp didn't have a curling iron... and my hair is too short to pull into a bun....can anyone say bad hair day?
- The missionary email system got shut down for a few hours this morning and we couldn't get on until just now.

Like I said, Heavenly Father gives you... opportunities, to develop Christlike attributes when you pray to develop them. And you just have to take em as they come and be grateful--no matter how hard it is!

This week was quite the trial for me. On Tuesday I went to the doctor because I was feeling a lot worse and showing signs of bronchitis (Ain't nobody got time for that! Especially a missionary!!!). I had an upper respiratory infection that would've turned into it had I let it go any longer. They put me on antiobiotics and prescribed "rest", but I didn't want to rest! I wanted to work! But then the next day we had interviews with President & Sister Brough, and they ordered me to rest. So that's what I did for two days. It was so hard and frustrating for me. The sleep felt nice, but it was frustrating because I told myself I was going to work harder than ever this transfer. The first two weeks were going great, and then I crashed. I just remember breaking down frustrated, saying, "I don't want to end my mission like this!" But then I remembered that sometimes God has a different plan than we do. We need to learn to be ok with it, come what may.

I've been focusing a lot this week on how we need to make God's will and plan, OUR will and plan. Like they said in the Women's Conference on Saturday evening, "If it's God's plan, it should also be our plan." We can't change God's will or plan no matter how much we may want to, and we shouldn't try to force our own. That's what Satan tried to do. Heavenly Father knows better than we do. We have to be humble and prayerful enough to learn it and accept it. Honestly, we're a whole lot happier when we do!

Luckily I am feeling better now and back to normal. Thank you antibiotics and priesthood blessings! I am ready to serve hard and work hard these next two weeks. April is coming up this week, but I'm trying not to think about it. We have been seeing a lot of success with some great people we're teaching and working with, and I'm going to keep working hard with them til the very end. I just love Kentucky and never want to leave!!!! (Spring in Kentucky is BEAUTIFUL. Just sayin!)

Well, my friends, have patience. Trust God. And believe in Him! Also, watch this video and share it with EVERYONE!!!!!! That's what we're doing! #BecauseHeLives


Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment