Returning Home!

Monday, December 8, 2014

Transfer News!

So, I'm getting transferred! I'm going to be a Sister Training Leader! That means I'm going to be going on exchanges and training all the other hermanas. Should be fun!! My new area is Shelbyville, KY, and my new companion is HERMANA GRAHAM!!! I'm SO SO SO excited to work with her! She is awesome!!!

I'm kind of nervous about all this! President Brough called me on Saturday to ask me to be the new STL, and I said, "Uh, are you sure?" And he jokingly said, "Well I wasn't sure about it, but the Lord was." Then he said, "I'm just kidding. I made the decision and then took it to the Lord, and He approved." :D So yeah! It makes leaving Owensboro a little less hard just because I know I'll be coming back here 3 more times before I go home. All I know is that these next 3 transfers are going to flyyyyyy. 

Here is my new address:

1075 Lakeview Drive #210 
Shelbyville, KY 40065

Aside from that news, this week was pretty eventful! Elder Erich W. Kopischke came and spoke to us in a mission conference on Friday. I left very inspired with a stronger testimony of prayer. He didn't come with an agenda or anything to talk about. He asked us to write down questions that we had for about 5 minutes, and then he would follow the Spirit and teach us for 2 hours. WOW. I was blown away! Eventually, after speaking for a little bit, he asked for a few questions. An elder asked the question, "Do I have stewardship over my family and friends at home?" I was so shocked -- that was essentially one of MY questions! Elder Kopischke answered it by having us read in D&C 100:1-8. He then spoke a few sentences that I REALLY needed to hear. I just sat there and cried. I felt like he was speaking directly to me. Elder Kopischke had NO idea what questions we wrote down, yet he answered every single one of mine. He was teaching by the Spirit for sure. I KNOW Heavenly Father answers prayers. He is SO aware of each and every one of us and our struggles. He will answer you as you are ready to receive it. Have faith and keep showing Heavenly Father you are searching, pondering, and thirsting for an answer. 

I love the mission!!! The GKLM is the BEST!!! <3 Keep working hard everyone! I love you!!!!!!!!!

Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment