Returning Home!

Monday, November 17, 2014

snow here, snow there, snow everywhere!

IT SNOWED. Ahhhhhhhh. We got 4 inches last night. -.- It's been a pretty cold week anyway, but someone told us there was a winter storm warning yesterday, and sure enough I woke up and looked out the window, and what did I see? NOT popcorn popping on the apricot tree! Spring did NOT bring me such a nice surprise!!! I don't like snow. I really don't want to crash...I hate driving in bad weather! Pray that I'll be able to remember Ambria's snow-driving training...haha

This week was quite the adventure. Turns out we do have a heater in the apartment that I didn't know about. One of my last comps said it completely did not work....but it does. So we have heat! We're not freezing at night anymore!

We had Zone Meeting last week, and that was pretty good. I got to share my testimony about the Atonement in front of the zone, so that was fun. I can't believe I'm about to hit my 5 year baptism mark! Time fliiiies. Plus I hit my 13 month mark yesterday. :( The Fedors, a family in our branch, have their youngest daughter coming home from her mission tomorrow, so they have family in town and they're getting all excited. It's a sweet feeling being in their home. So fun!

We found some great families this week, which I'm excited about. We have only been able to find single older men here, which are hard to teach because they hit on us most of the time, so I'm super excited to be teaching some solid families. :D We've had some great lessons this last week with people, and we even got more members out with us. :) We had a few small successes this week, but I think they'll turn into big successes later on. "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass."

Karen, our less-active lady who quit smoking a couple months ago, had to go to the hospital last night. We didn't know, but we happened to be driving by her son's house where she's staying now, and we saw an ambulance right in front of their house, so we went to the hospital to see her. She had fallen and had a small fracture in her arm. It was hard to go see her there in the hospital because they were giving her a lot of the same breathing treatments that they used to give dad, plus I haven't been in a hospital in a while....but it's ok. She's doing ok now. She's home and healing. I love Karen so much! 

Although it's freeeeezing outside, the work must continue! I'm going to have to push myself hard to talk to everyone these next few months, but we'll do it! Where's there's a will and a commandment, there's a way! 1 Nefi 3:7. Time to test my faith! Here we go! 

Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment