Returning Home!

Monday, August 25, 2014

Humidity, Training & GA's

I don't have a whole lot to say this week unfortunately. :( A lot did happen though!

First off, we had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders, Hermanas Arancibia & Binks. Hermana Binks came with me this transfer. She's great! I learned a lot from her! We contacted a ton of people and met a great woman named Angelica. Come to find out, she has 9 kids!! 7 of which are of baptism age! She invited us over the next day, and we met all her kids. We're going back this coming week to teach them all. How neat is that!! I am SO stoked to be teaching them! Miracles happen on exchanges! Plus Hermana Binks gave me tons of advice on training. She hasn't trained before, but hey, she's a Training LEADER now. haha. I think she knows what she's talking about.

She just gave me advice on helping my greenie become confident. I've noticed that's what she lacks. She has the desire to work, is obedient and does what she needs to, but I sense she doesn't have very much self-confidence. That's something I feel like I've picked up on the mission, and I hope I can do something for her. I need a lot more patience and charity though. Sometimes I think I'm the worst trainer in the world, then other times I let myself think, "Ok, you're doing just fine." 

On Thursday we had a training meeting in Jasper, Indiana. The Assistants and President Brough came and trained us on training. I needed it a lot. I wish they'd had one before I started training!! They just talked a lot about their experiences with training and the miracles that are going to happen on the mission. Basically a nice pump-up sesh. :) 

AND! Guess where we're going tomorrow!! NEW ALBANY, INDIANA (my first zone!) to listen to CRAIG A. CARDON!!! I am SO excited! It's going to be an all day mission conference, and I get to see Hermana Carnahan! Woot woot! :) I just love that girl! She's the best! It's going to be a great day. A member is driving us there. We have to leave at 5:30 am our time to get there (different time zone--BOO). Fun fun! 

This week has been the hottest and most humid week of the summer. It's been craaaazy hot. Not crazy hot, but the humidity makes it worse. My glasses fog up every time I get out of the car. (BTW. Contact lenses???) 

Everything is going well here in Owensboro. We need to get moving on a lot of stuff. This coming week is the final M&MTC class. Pray it goes well! We're going to work on setting a million bap dates this week. I see a lot of potential in a lot of people we're teaching, so I pray everything goes well with everyone and that I don't screw up. Pray for us here in Owensboro Spanish! :) 

I hope everyone is doing well! LOVE YOU!

Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment