Returning Home!

Monday, August 11, 2014

Flying By the Seat of My Pants

This training stuff is intense business! It's a very humbling experience as well. I'm flying by the seat of my pants because I wasn't given any sort of instructions on this whole thing. (Is this what parenthood is like???) So, my "baby" is Hermana Gamett. She is from Mackey, Idaho, and she's 19. She was in the Mexico MTC like I was. :) She's doing pretty well so far! As for me being the trainer, I'm managing haha. It's a big load to take over an area, especially when you're the only one who knows Spanish. Her Spanish is pretty good, but like mine at the beginning, it'll take some work. We're doing well together. I'm just glad she's not disobedient or lazy! She's doing well for a greenie. :) 

This last week has been up and down, left and right, and who knows where. I feel like Heavenly Father is trying to teach me the lesson that I can't do everything all on my own. We went two or three days not being able to find virtually anybody. We've had a few lessons to teach thank goodness, but it's been rough going. Everyone kept dropping appointments, not being there, etc. and I've really felt like I've been failing, which stinks when your in front of your greenie trying to give her hope and inspiration! But I'm having to learn the lesson that it's all Heavenly Father, not me. I can't forget Him in this work because it's His, not mine. Pray for me! 

At transfers meeting last week I got to see all 11 of the hermanas who went home. ALL the hermanas were there. It was a bittersweet reunion! Hermana Lawrence (my trainer), Hermana Gamett and I got our posterity picture together! And I got to tell Hermana Carnahan happy birthday! She told me about what's going on in Hikes, and I almost started crying with joy. She said Jose, our convert (he got baptized a couple days after I left), is on fire about the Gospel and is doing really great!! They brought him to a lesson with Dario, our other investigator, and guess what?! JOSE INVITED HIM TO BE BAPTIZED! Dario's getting baptized in a WEEK!!! I almost cried hearing that. Dario and Jose have special places in my heart! I'm so happy that I can see the fruits of the work I put in during my short time in Hikes. Ah. Makes my heart happy. :) Very very happy!! I feel like Alma and the Sons of Mosiah, being able to see the fruits of their labors. What joy!

That is my life as of right now! Just trying to train my "baby" up in the right ways and to have fun. Please pray for me! We need all the help we can get here. Erasmo is working toward his baptism in September, and I'm praying for miracles to happen in his life these next few weeks. Thank you all for your support and love!!! 

Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment