Returning Home!

Monday, August 4, 2014

And the Results Are In!

I'M TRAINING!!!! WAHOOOO!!!! :D President Brough called me Saturday morning to ask me to train! I am so excited! That means my "baby" is flying into Kentucky from Mexico right now! I will have a little greenie tomorrow! :) It's so exciting! Scary...but exciting! :D :D Wish me luck! 
Now for the bad news..... my camera broke. :( I am so upset about it. I don't know what to do. It fell off a table at district meeting last week, and now it won't work. I took it to Best Buy to get it checked out, but they said since it doesn't have any drop insurance, that it would cost about $35 to ship it out and then another $120+ in labor fees to get it fixed. UGH. I don't know what to do about it. I'm camera-less....which is NOT good for a photographer! Hopefully some good Samaritan will randomly stop me on the street and give me a camera. That would be cool. But in the meantime....no more pictures :(

This last week was pretty good. Aside from getting no sleep all week, things have been ok. I just love all the families in my branch here, especially the Capeners. They are a new, young family that just moved in a month ago, and they are AWESOME. Brother Capener speaks Spanish and he's a chiropractor, and he offered to adjust me for acid reflux. It was so nice! I love adjustments! Then Sister Capener is this wonderful, outgoing, loving, sweet, great lady who is SO willing to feed us all the time and go to lessons with us even though she can't speak Spanish. I just love her to death!! She's an answer to our prayers for sure. :) I want a family like hers. They are all so sweet, never talk bad about anything or anyone, and are so welcoming and warm. Just love them!!

I don't really have much to report for this week. I don't have much time today since it's Hermana Luke's last day. It's hard being with a missionary going home since she has to get everything ready to go. She's far from trunky, but we still talk about how weird it is/how it feels to be going home. Make the most of every minute wherever you are!!

I will have more details next week!! LOVE YOU!

Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment