Returning Home!

Monday, October 27, 2014

Weekly Email

Well, I'm not getting transferred! My greenie is leaving though. Weird! So yall can send letters to Owensboro still, cause I'll be here for at least another 6 weeks. :) 

What. a. week. I have never been so exhausted...and I hardly did anything! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a lazy bum every day, but I had to take a lot of time outs to deal with things. I was an emotional roller coaster this week. Got a couple blessings, talked to the mission grief counselor, and went to the Capeners' a lot for lunch. Our branch members fed us a lot this week too, which was nice. Overall, I was exhausted emotionally and physically and mentally. Thank you all for keeping me in your prayers though. I have lots of help here thank goodness. And thank goodness for the priesthood!!! 

We had a chili cook off on Saturday night for the branch. We had some investigators come! Elder Fleener is from Alaska, and he made chili with caribou and moose meat in it.... I actually liked it! Isn't it weird to say that the weirdest thing I ate in Kentucky is caribou and moose? Not squirrel....

I don't really have much else to report about my week other than that. We had to cancel quite a few appointments because of me, but we did have some awesome lessons this week with some people getting baptized this month. I'm glad I get to stay and see some baptisms here in Owensboro -- finally! Pray for them! 

Heavenly Father has a wonderful plan of salvation. And thank goodness he does! I am so grateful that I know that plan and can share it with others. I've been learning a LOT about the Spirit World....and I'm realizing more and more just how merciful our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are. The Atonement is real, and God is there for us always!! 

Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment