Returning Home!

Monday, February 10, 2014

[No Subject]

Holla!
So. You know how last week I said Easterner's are too dramatic about the weather out here? Right after I finished emailing last week, it started snowing....then raining....then sleeting and freezing. So.... I'm not allowed to judge anymore.
We've been getting snow on and off this week, but it's manageable. We don't know if it's going to be snowing or raining or sunny the next day, but we go with it. I'm just grateful we aren't on bikes right now. Nothing would get done.
We've been exploring surrounding towns lately, doing a lot of tracting and offering a lot of prayers with people. We've met a lot of nice Methodists. :) I hope we happen upon some Mexicans out in the middle of nowhere soon.
This week I've really had to kick it up a notch. I feel like it's the whole good-better-best concept. I've been doing better, but I haven't been doing my best. So I'm being braver and contacting more and tracting more, and I feel happier and more confident because I'm doing what the Lord is asking me to do. I feel a lot better. There's always something to improve on, that's for sure.

I was thinking about that as I was putting on my nametag this morning, and I just thought, "I don't ever want to take this off." And then it made me realize that I don't ever want to not be a missionary. I'm dreading the day that my stake president releases me and tells me to take off my nametag. I'm getting teary just thinking about it. You will only get to see me as Hermana Porter for that short drive home from St. George. I only have 14 more months to be a missionary, and there's so much for me to learn and grow in. I can't believe the time is flying so fast. I don't ever want it to end. I mean, of course I want to see yall again....but can't I just be like the Book of Mormon people who were on missions for 14 years? It's scary how fast time flies. We have so much to learn in this life before we return to our Heavenly Father, and I just wish I had more time to learn it all.
3 of the 8-yr-old boys in our branch got baptized this weekend. We took Josue. It was an awesome experience. They sang "I Am A Child of God" in Spanish and I just died because it was the sweetest thing ever. Hermana Lawrence and I were joking that we should have Josue sing at his baptism. hahahahaha. He's so monotone when he sings, and he's a 27 year old man. Ah. Baptism is GREAT. Everyone should just get baptized. It's the best.
Oh funny quote! We do district drawings every transfer, which is just a drawing of our district with a certain theme (for example, Harry Potter themed, winter themed, villain themed), and our District Leader was saying how he wanted to do celebrities. So we were talking about who we all could be (they said Keira Knightley for me), and he tells Hermana Lawrence, "You could be Demi Lovato." And she was like, "No, she's TOO pretty!" And he replied, "She's not that pretty." OUCH. We died hahaha. We decided that next transfer's theme is going to be "High School." They said I'm the foreign exchange student. hahaha. 

So yep! That's me! :) Just working working working. Transfers are next Tuesday, so we find out this Saturday if we're getting transferred at all..... scary. One of the Elders in my district told me he thinks I'm getting transferred. WHAT. I finish my 12-week-training this week, so it's all up in the air after this week. Who knows! I will let you know next week. I have a feeling I'll leave after this coming transfer, like in April. Who knows.
Until next week! :)
Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment