Returning Home!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Chancho! I Need to Borrow Some Sweats!

Holllllaaaaaaaaaa,
Well. I can't believe how fast the time flies. I remember telling my companion a month ago that "January is always the fastest month for me." And boom! It's already the end of January...whatishappeningtomyliiiiife
I have to tell you something funny that happened this week. The library closes here when it's cold or snowy, so we had to call earlier this week to see if it was open so we could go email. But I have problems talking on the phone. If I don't think out what I'm going to say beforehand, I end up saying something really stupid. Well, I called the library and didn't really think through what I was going to say if someone answered. And sure enough, someone answered, "Harrison County Library, how can I help you?" And me, being the brilliant person I am, said, "Hi, is the library open today?" My comp was laughing her butt of because I made a "DUH" face before I even finished the sentence. The lady on the phone said, "....yes" and I just said thanks and hung up. Oi. Please love me. 

Our Hermana Training Leaders started an English fast on Saturday and it goes til this Wednesday. I'm going nuts. Hopefully I get this language down soon. I read something this morning that I really need to remember: "Just as we should not lower the standards that the Lord has established for the conduct of His servants, we are also not authorized to raise them.... Be sure that you do not have higher standards for yourself or others than the Lord has established." - Cecil O. Samuelson (GO COUGS!!)
Hispanics like to make you eat a lot, let me tell you that. And when you finish the pile of food they give you, they want to give you a second plate, and when you say no, they say something to you in Spanish and I just have to go with it because I don't know what they said and I can't argue back because I can't speak Spanish. I think I ate 8 tacos and drank two bottles of water last night. Woof. But it was soooo good. We get lots of good food. I hope I can cook better when I get back.
We had kind of a cool experience this week with our Cuban. We had an appointment with him during the week that he ended up not being able to come to. So we kind of just brushed it off, thinking nothing was going to happen. But then he turned around and calledus to set up an appointment this weekend. Our people are so funny. Just when we think nothing is progressing, something goofy happens that makes us turn our thoughts around. It's kind of funny. I think our Cuban knows more than we do sometimes. We've just got to get him to live the Word of Wisdom....
What else happened this week.....
It snowed a lot this week. We got like 6 inches one day. It's all melted now cause the last couple days have been pretty warm. We have to clean our poor little car today since Zone Conference is this week. Our car is looking really trashy. Lots of mud and black stuff. I will never buy a white car after the mission.
Well! Not much else to report from my side. Just working working working. Thank you to everyone who's been asking about me... Also, I'm going to write Robbie & Michelle (and the baby!) today! I can't wait to see more pictures! :) LOVE YOU ALL!
Hermana Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment