Returning Home!

Monday, June 23, 2014

Adios Louisville :(

I'm getting transferred. :( I feel like my heart has been shattered into a million pieces!! I don't want to leave! We didn't think anything was going to change, and if anything Hermana Carnahan would've been the one getting transferred since she's been here for three transfers now.... but we were at a dinner after a baptism on Saturday, and Elder Skousen, my district leader, sat down looking all depressed and said, "I just got the call." And my heart dropped because I thought, "Oh no, Hermana Carnahan is leaving." And when I said that, he said, "No, you are." I thought he was lying, so I texted the Zone Leaders....and sure enough, I'm leaving Hikes. :( :( :( I can't believe it! I've only been here a transfer.... and now I'm going? I've just been switching back between being confused, upset and sad.... I thought I'd be here for a long time. I LOVE Hikes so much...
I've just been reminded several times these last few days that, since being in an area only one transfer and then leaving is really weird/rare, God needs me somewhere else this next transfer. That's blatant. I'm excited to see where I go and why He needs me there, but at the same time it's made me wonder if I fulfilled my purpose here in Hikes these last 6 weeks. I feel like I haven't even made a dent in what I wanted to do here. But I guess God thinks I have. I'm hoping he'll send me back here later in my mission....but I'm running out of time. We'll see what happens.
Even though I don't really understand why I have to go or why I was here, but I've been thinking a lot about what I learned here. 1. I met my amazing companion, and now we're best friends for life! I love her to death! I'm really sad to leave her, but I know we'll be glued to the hip after the mission. Needless to say, I'll be going to Idaho a lot after I go back to Provo. :D 2. I learned how to speak Cuban Spanish! 3. I learned how to teach the lessons inside and out now. I can hold my own! And my Spanish has gotten better!
I learned a ton of other things.... but I'm going to have to ponder on my time here a bit longer, because I'm still trying to figure it all out.
In other news, I'm missing Jose's baptism next Sunday. :( That's a huge bummer. He's definitely ready and excited. This last week was an uneventful week until Saturday, when we got transfer calls. I've also been sick all week and lost my voice for 3 days. I sounded like a little boy. Ugh.
I don't really know what more to mention. The work shall move forward! I shall keep you updated about where I'm going. I'm really going to miss Hikes, A LOT.... But I'm trying to keep in mind that the Lord needs me somewhere else right now. Plus, I'm training in August. There are 11 hermanas leaving the mission and 9 coming in August 5th, so I'll be a trainer then. I need to learn my new area pretty quickly. .... Keep me in your prayers!!!
Hermana Porter
P.S. Send mail to 1325 Eastern Parkway, Louisville, KY 40204 until I get my new address.  

No comments:

Post a Comment